Monday, September 29, 2008

Shopping for Sydney

Last week I finally got to register at Babies R Us. We are also registered at Target, but we did that online. The experience was much more overwhelming than registering when Tim and I got married. When we were registering for the wedding, we actually knew what we wanted to get. It was simple...point the registry gun at whatever we liked and voila! it was added to the registry. Walking into Babies R Us (BRU) was a completely different experience. The store still scared me to death! Thankfully I did not have to embark on the adventure alone....I brought along a friend, Kristen. I would not have been able to register for the items I needed without her assistance. If I were walking in the store alone, I would have left out essential items...like bottles! I was deathly afraid of the bottle section of BRU. The wall of bottles and accessories feels like staring at the cereal aisle of a grocery store when you were four years old. They all do the same thing....but which one do you want or need? I thought bottles would have been the easy part; boy was I wrong! There are different size bottles, glass vs. plastic, various nipple sizes (infants need a different size than a one-year old), bottle liners, etc. So many choices, it is enough to make your head spin! I finally just picked a Dr. Brown's starter kit. Hopefully Sydney will take to the bottles I chose...keep your fingers crossed that I do not have to face my fears of the bottle aisle again!!!

It took us about two and a half hours to register! Kristen was extremely patient with me and answered all of my questions. Due to me being on the bottom of the learning curve when it comes to baby stuff, she answered A LOT of questions. I am sure I have left off essential items, so when you browse through our registry please let us know what we are missing.

We are excited about the upcoming baby showers. Sydney will receive the coolest gifts and I can't wait for her to be born and be able to use them. Tim is thrilled about all of the baby items we will be receiving over the next few months. He acts like a kid at Christmas when he starts thinking of the new toys he can play with! He will have to make sure he shares with Sydney though! I know he can't wait to start assembling the gifts...let's see how many times he will actually use the directions and how many spare parts will we have?

Other than registering, not much has been going on. I go to my 30 week appointment tomorrow at 3:45. It is hard to believe I only have about two months until our little bundle of joy arrives! Where has the time gone? Everyone tells me their pregnancy flew by until the last few weeks. Then they said time seemed to move at a snail's pace and they thought they were never going to have the baby. Some have said they were tired of being pregnant and they were over it. I definitely have not gotten to that point. Being pregnant has been wonderful and I have enjoyed every minute of it.....well, except for when I had the two and a half week bout with morning sickness. I am looking forward to the day when I do not have to wear elastic pants, I can tuck in my shirt, and I can fasten a belt!

Stay tuned for future updates.

No comments: