Friday, September 19, 2008

28 weeks and counting!!

Well, so far everything is going great! Tim and I went to the 28 week appointment on Tuesday. The doctor performed another ultrasound to check out how our baby girl is doing. He measured her bones, organs, and various other body parts. She now weighs in at 2.5 lbs and measures about 14 inches in length. Her heart was beating at 150 beats per minute. After the ultrasound, Dr. Winfree decided not to change the scheduled due date. We are still on for the beginning of December. I was going to post the ultrasound video on the blog, but he did it so quickly that there was not much to see. I had to take the glucose screening test (it tests pregnant women to see if they develop gestational diabetes) last week and thankfully the results came back negative. The fruit punch drink was almost unbearable to swallow, but I managed and I am glad I do not have to drink that stuff again!

Here is a picture of the letters hanging in the nursery. They turned out beautiful and I can't wait to see what they look like once the furniture arrives. The nursery has been painted; we actually decided to go with the lighter shade of green. It has been 5 1/2 weeks since we ordered the furniture and hopefully we will not have to wait the entire 10-12 weeks for it to arrive.

Mr. Jack has been helping with the nursery as well. He seems to think the nursery is his new room! He definitely knows something is up....boy is he in for a surprise in a few months!

I am going to Virginia on Tuesday to register for Sydney's baby items. I can't wait to get the registry gun and shop away! I am going with Sara White and she will help me register. I taught with Sara last year and she just had a baby in June. Registering can be overwhelming and she is going to help keep me straight. We are going to head to Babies 'R Us and Target. I have waited until the last minute to register. I have two showers coming up: one on Oct. 11 at Tim's mom's house and one on Oct. 25 in Greenville. The ladies at school are also going to have a shower for me but they have not set a date. Tim is excited about the showers....he will have a bunch of new toys to play with! :)

Other than that, nothing else has changed. I am feeling great and trying to enjoy my pregnancy as much as I can. There are days when Sydney is having a field day with kicking my ribs and bladder. Pretty soon Tim and I will have to start buying diapers for two people: me and the baby!! I've only experiences swollen feet once and it was definitely a sight! I looked like a hobbit with enormous cankles!!! But the swelling was due to me begin on my feet for over 12 hours helping with a wedding. Oh the joys of pregnancy!

That sums it up! Stay tuned...

No comments: