Friday, June 27, 2008

Sweet 16

On Tuesday, June 24, I went for my 16 week appointment at Coastal Women's Clinic. Dr. Winfree was the doctor that checked me over. I still have not gained any weight; which kind of concerned me. However, he quickly reassured me that the weight was coming and I had nothing to worry about. The funny thing is even though I have not gained any weight, my clothes are starting to feel slightly snug around the waist. The snugness of my clothes has given me a reason to go shopping!! I am going to Virginia tomorrow to find some cute and fashionable maternity clothes, and I want to start looking around at baby furniture.

Next, Dr. Winfree listened to the baby's heartbeat. When he placed the device on my belly just below my bellybutton, I immediately heard the sound I was waiting for. The baby's heartbeat was 147/148 beats per minute. I was relieved to hear the baby's heartbeat...there really is a baby in there! I am at the stage where I still do not feel pregnant: the nausea is gone, I haven't gained any weight, and I haven't felt the baby kick or move in quite some time. But I know these days are numbered, and before I know it I will be waddling around like a stuffed turkey! :)

After the check-up, I set my next appointment for Tuesday, July 22. It is the big 20 week visit....Tim and I will finally find out the sex of the baby! I can't wait to see the baby on the ultrasound and see how much it has grown and developed. Be sure to check the blog a day or so after the scheduled appointment date for a look at Baby Whitehurst!

1 comment:

Kristen said...

This is a great way for the Florida Hines to keep up with everything...it feels as though we are right there. Thanks for keeping the blog updated! The dr is right on the weight. I only gained 2lbs in the first trimester. Needless to say I gained 48 total....
Love and miss you guys
Kristen