So far through my pregnancy, it really hasn't felt like I am pregnant....well, except for the morning sickness. With the sickness subsiding, I have been feeling just about "normal." Needless to say, when I felt my first flutter, it really hit me that I am pregnant!
I was sitting in my fifth grade classroom monitoring my students during the EOG (end-of-grade) testing. The students (and teachers) have to sit through three days of grueling testing. After I just finished making my rounds around the room to ensure the students were correctly marking their answer sheets, I decided to sit down for a few minutes. I picked up a book and started to skim through the pages. Suddenly, I felt three quick "thumps" in my belly. My hand immediately gravitated toward my stomach and my heart began to beat a little quicker. I thought to myself...was that gas or indigestion? But the sensation I felt was like one I had never felt before. Due to the strict testing environments, I was unable to say anything. So, I just sat in my chair grinning like the Cheshire Cat.
As of now, I have not felt another flutter. I am anxiously awaiting the moment when I feel it again!
Sunday, June 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment