Sunday, April 27, 2008

Our Baby Peanut!

After the shock of the big news had passed, we knew we needed to make an appointment with Coastal Women's Clinic (CWC). We wanted to confirm the home pregnancy results. Also, we had no idea how far along we were with the pregnancy. On April 14, I called the doctor's office and they were able to make an appointment for the next day. We were both very relieved that we did not have to wait a long time to see the doctor.

The next day we arrived at CWC at 2:45; about 15 minutes before our scheduled appointment. We were very nervous and anxious as we waited to see the doctor. When the nurse called our name, we headed to the examination room. They went through the standard questions and routines. Next, we met Dr. Winfree. My first thought was that he looked like he was younger than me!! However, after a few minutes he made Tim and I feel very comfortable and answered all of our questions. Dr. Winfree and Dr. Dwyer will be the two doctors we will see throughout the pregnancy. Dr. Dwyer is very well-known and highly-recommended on the Outer Banks.

Next, we got to do an ultrasound. Dr. Winfree wanted to get a look at Baby Whitehurst and get an estimate of the due date. Well, the ultrasound experience was.....interesting and overwhelming. When I got a look at the device which is used for the ultrasound....I was a little scared. But when the ultrasound was being done, I was amazed! Technology is so cool! Here is the first look of our lil' peanut...Baby Whitehurst!


Baby Whitehurst is located in the top of the black hole. It is just above the white cursor. Dr. Winfree explained that he thought I was about 5 1/2 weeks pregnant. But it was really too early to give a due date. He scheduled another appointment for May 6. He said we should get a better idea of when to expect our bundle of joy and we could possibly hear its heartbeat. We are anxiously anticipating our next doctor's appointment. Stay tuned.....

No comments: