Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Tick Tock

Well, it looks like things are finally starting to happen! I went to the doctor today and Dr. Winfree told me I was one centimeter dilated! Hey...at this point, I will take anything he gives me! During the examination, he "stripped my membranes." This 30 second procedure is supposed to help the labor process start; it was not the most pleasant experience I have had while I've been pregnant. When he was finished, I immediately began to feel cramping. He said it was normal and hopefully it would help get the ball rolling. We scheduled another appointment for Friday. During this appointment, he will perform some stress tests to see how Sydney is doing and whether we need to take a closer look at inducing. Hopefully she will be born by then and I will miss that appointment.

As of now, I am having sporadic contractions. The "wave" of pain is not consistent: the contractions are ranging from 4-28 minutes apart and lasting from 15-50 seconds. I was told the golden rule was 4-1-1: contractions should be 4 minutes apart, they should last for one minute, and this should go on for a hour. It looks like it is going to be a long night!


Stay tuned.....

No comments: