Tuesday, July 22, 2008

It's a girl!!


Well, it was the moment Tim and I have been looking forward to for quite some time now....will our baby be a girl or a boy? We now have an answer.....it's a girl! You know what that means...it's time to go shopping!!

Before we went to the doctor's office, we had butterflies in our stomachs. I was so nervous and excited that I could barely eat my pancakes. We were anxious to see the baby and witness how much it had developed over the passing weeks. Also, we wanted to know whether the baby was a boy or girl. We walked into the room where to sonograms are done; we had smiles plastered on our faces. The nurse who performed the ultrasound immediately asked if we wanted to know the sex of the baby. I am sure we answered her question before she could get the words out of her mouth!

Looking at the ultrasound was amazing! We could not believe how much our little girl had developed over the past few months. We could see her kicking, wiggling, and sucking her thumb. Tim and I better start saving up for braces with the way she was sucking her thumb.....like mother like daughter! We could see her bones and organs...it was such a powerful moment. At one point, she gave us the "thumbs up" to let us know that everything is okay! (Scroll down to the next blog article to see this picture as well as other ultrasound pictures.)

Dr. Dwyer said everything looks good and we should be expecting our little girl to arrive around the 6th of December. When they were doing the ultrasound, they measured her bones, her organs, and the size of her head and all of the measurements were right on track for a December delivery.

Here is the video we recorded while the ultrasound was being performed. Due to the file size, we had to cut it into two video files; each video is about 4 1/2 minutes long.








1 comment:

Kristen said...

She is beautiful...and about as cooperative for picture taking as her Aunt Olivia. It took two ultrasounds to find out her sex!
I know you guys are thrilled. I am so glad she and you are healthy and doing well!